Weâ€™ll be holding our next event on Saturday, Feb. 26th, from 9 am until 1 pm.
If the last two events were â€œsmaller,â€ then this is going to be much bigger. It isnâ€™t that the house is large, but there is a tremendous amount of work to be done.
Teams at this event will include:
- Interior/Electrical â€“ Installing child-safe â€œsliderâ€ outlets, a â€œsmartâ€ strip for the media center, taping off a chimney, caulking where the floor meets the baseboard and more.
- Windows â€“ Almost every window needs work. If you want to learn how to stop your windows from leaking this is a great chance to get lots of experience.
- Garage â€“ Within the home, this garage is chock full of leaks and presents not only unusual issues, but code issues weâ€™ll be meeting (and exceeding) as well.
- Basement â€“ Lots of holes to the exterior, lots of holes to the first floor, and several safety issues weâ€™ll be fixing.
- Attic â€“ A little bit of demo work, a little bit of expanding foam, and a little bit of rigid foam will go a long way to make this house warmer.
- Door weatherstripping â€“ Three doors need to be completed. If your door is leaky, weâ€™ve got the materials you should be using. Learn how itâ€™s done properly.
Thatâ€™s a lot of work folks, and weâ€™re hoping to get a lot of people there to make it all happen. If you can make it, please RSVP, and thanks!